Institutional e-FX Engine
Drive your e-FX business to top tier level with finely tuned analytics, expert support, and a fairer pricing model.
MFX Compass provides you with all of the tools required to set up and run a spot electronic foreign exchange business. It is a cost-effective solution that allows market makers and brokers to compete at the same level as large banks with minimal lead times.
Buy-side order management
Take control of your execution using technology only previously available to top tier banks.
Drawing on our decades of experience in automated pricing and risk management, we’ve created MFX Vector to give investors the tools to identify and minimise their cost of trading. Powerful, simple, cost-effective.
Retail trading application/MT4
Experience retail forex trading with institutional-level pricing on our intuitive, proprietary platform.
MFX Trade is our award winning retail forex trading platform. You can access our institutional quality spreads on MT4 on our our tradingweb app. Our trading platforms have been built from the ground up by traders for traders.
- Own your rate formation.
- Expertly monitor your e-FX flow with a powerful suite of detailed analytics.
- Gain control with sophisticated system administration, spread setting and visualisation of trades.
- Understand your cost of execution with our unique suite of analytics.
- Earn spread and minimise your footprint with our market-making technology.
- Intuitive and fully transparent technology with real-time charting and benchmarks.
- No minimum deposit, commission or hidden fees.
- High security accounts, so that your funds stay protected at all times.
- Access to a wide range of educational guides, as well as 24/5 support via phone and email.
The e-FX Engine Room
MahiFX was formed in 2010 by David & Susan Cooney. Our diverse team has over five decades of collective interbank experience in the disciplines of coding, quantitative analytics, trading and sales.
David, our CEO who was once described as an e-FX heavyweight - an attribute he has tentatively taken as a compliment, for now - has spearheaded numerous FX industry firsts at key influential global investment banks. He and the team continue to drive innovation in the industry.
Our first product, MFX Trade, formally launched in 2012. Meanwhile, work started on our institutional product, MFX Compass, which launched in 2014.
A new and innovative offering to the market, Compass provides institutional clients with all the tools they need to quickly and seamlessly establish a robust e-FX business complete with pricing, technology, analytics and support.
2016 sees the launch of MFX Vector, our third product released under the MahiFX umbrella. Vector is an intuitive, easy-to-use platform that gives complete transparency on live orders, fills and LPs, rate formation and passive execution for the active FX trading community.
- 2010 – MahiFX our beginning, David and Susan Cooney swap banking power suits for jeans and trainers for newly created fintech company
- 2010 – The Jesus of Java joins us together with a special group of techies beavering away in Christchurch NZ
- 2010 – Find ourselves explaining MahiFX is not a fish
- 2011 – Office destroyed in Christchurch Earthquake but at least David saved his laptop
- 2012 – Retail FX platform Launched in swish london Gherkin launch
- 2013 – Win Best Trading System for our FX trading platform at the FSTech Awards 2013
- 2014 – Launch MFX Compass and spend a lot of time explaining what on earth it does
- 2015 – Win highly commended by FX Week
- 2015 – Office moves in both Christchurch and London - Christchurch get pool table - ooh get them
- 2016 – Launch MFX Vector
- 2016 – Still finding ourselves explaining MahiFX is not a fish
From the outset MahiFX intended to differentiate itself, not only in terms of technology and pricing, but also in terms of the nature, character and expertise of our team. With over five decades of collective interbank experience in the disciplines of coding, quantative analysis, trading and sales, we are uniquely placed to share expertise in a wide range of specialist areas.
The team behind MahiFX
David Cooney, CEO & Co-Founder
A young David Cooney was hoping to become a fighter pilot, racing car driver or an All Black. Although he remains adamant that he still has the ability to do all of these even to this day, he thought it best to begin his career as an interbank spot foreign exchange broker in his native New Zealand. After landing a role as a currency options trader, David moved to London, where he worked for Chase Manhattan and later, Credit Suisse. This was followed by roles at Dresdner Bank in Singapore, where he took charge of the currency options operations for Asia before moving back to London as Dresdner’s Global Co-head of Currency Options. From there David co-headed the global Options desk at Barclays Capital where he was instrumental in developing the award winning BARX platform. As well as running MahiFX he can be found indulging his passion for aviation and regularly dashing out of meetings to point at helicopters and shout about them.
Susan Cooney, Co-Founder
Being stubborn, bossy, creative and controlling are all the traits of a leader, Susan firmly assures us. Her career started in e-FX at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, where she was responsible for selling the online trading platform Piranha throughout Europe. This was followed by a move to Barclays Capital where she was given responsibility for European Institutional e-FX clients and later for recruiting and heading a new team of sales professionals to promote Barclay's e-FX trading platform, BARX, to European Institutional Banks and Hedge funds. She is passionate about good design and can often be found obsessing over paper quality and typography, insisting that one letter needs to be moved a millimetre to the left. We can’t see it but we’ll take her word for it. She loves being a mum and enjoys convincing her kids to support England over the All Blacks, much to David’s fury.